safiyyah lahir 2 mgg lebih awal drp tarikh dijangka bersalin. so boleh la bg dia solid food awal 2 mgg jugak, kekeke.... :P (takde kaitan pun ni, saje propa mak dia)
Here are new sign that indicates ur baby is ready for solid foods (copy dr blog yana)
- Loss of tongue-thrust reflex - This allows baby to drink and swallow liquids with ease; with the tongue-thrust reflex still present, baby may simply drink in liquid purees or push the food back out. According to Dr. Jim Sears, in the first four months the tongue thrust reflex protects the infant against choking. When any unusual substance is placed on the tongue, it automatically protrudes outward rather than back. Between four and six months this reflex gradually diminishes, giving the glob of cereal a fighting chance of making it from the tongue to the tummy - LULUS
- Ability to let you know she is full from a "meal" with signs such as turning away from the bottle or breast. This is important so that baby is able to self-regulate the amount of food being eaten. This helps stop baby from accidentally overeating as parents may continue to feed baby thinking that she is still hungry. - LULUS
- Ability to sit up and hold head up unassisted - LULUS
- Interest in your food (we tend to disagree with this one as when a baby reaches the age of 4-6 months, he is interested in putting everything in his mouth.) - paling ketara LULUS
- Doubling of birth weight - lahir hanya 2.81kg skrg dh 6.5kg rasanya...
- Frequently waking in the middle of the night when a solid sleeping pattern had been established. This may not be the best indicator that your baby is ready for solids. Please keep in mind that a growth spurt will occur between 3-4 months of age, 6-7 months of age and also 9-10 months of age. Baby may also be waking due to an illness or teething.- budak kicik ni jenis tak bangun malam, memang tido nyenyak hari hari... ngeh ngeh ngeh...